July 4, 2012

Big Whoop?

Why yes... that is a new whoopie pie that was made just for today's celebration. 





I recently discovered not just one, but TWO cookbooks about making Whoopie Pies.  Who would have thought there'd be even one such thing let alone two.  But two there were and I checked both of them out of the library in search of expanding my abilities in whoopie pie baking/making.
These were actually J's idea and she diligently helped with the filling process.  They were fun to make and everyone seemed to enjoy them at the Independence Day cookout this afternoon.





They are a 'from scratch' recipe chocolate cake with buttercream frosting filling and I think they are better than the other ones I make.  Looking forward to trying out some other recipes from the books.  Now to find some willing taste testers... I'm sure my kids & Steve will be happy to oblige... and there may even be a few willing mouths at church as well. :-)

May God bless America!  May we never forget why our country was formed and all those who have fought & died to grant us our many freedoms.  And may we never take for granted any blessings we enjoy.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. ~2 Chronicles 7:14


No comments:

Post a Comment