February 26, 2013

When God Sends Email


Friends and I have often joked that we wish that God would send email sometimes.  I've discovered that He does... but it doesn't come from an @heaven.com address. 
It comes from a lot of various addresses and from various persons at just as many various times.  That is a lot of variety - but anyone who knows God knows that He is the Creator of variety!
I received one of these loving emails last night.  It was disguised as a message from a realtor with an attachment about electrical work having been completed at our new home.
How did I know it was an email from God?  Because it was just what I needed at the exact time I needed it.  Plain and simple.
We've hit a lull in our frenzied dash to moving to our new home.  We are now between 2-3 weeks away from our closing date/move day.  Our regular realtor is away on a vacation for 9 days.  We are just packing, stacking and waiting for the next thing.  We have received the mortgage commitment letter from our buyers and our letter from our lender is due on Friday.  Lots of just waiting now for loose ends and final dates and numbers.  I am not one of those people who loves waiting... for anything!
I like to see movement, progress, boxes being checked and list items being crossed off.  Waiting is awful for me.
Thankfully God knows this about me and loves me anyway... enough to send an email so I have the sense of things moving forward and boxes being checked.  Isn't He just awesome?  Not that He has to do this...  He just does it because He loves me.
And I am continually going to praise Him - even if He stops sending email.  Because He won't ever stop loving me.
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." ~Jeremiah 31:3b


No comments:

Post a Comment