December 15, 2009

Busy time

I have been keeping busy.  Of course we have the normal life stuff of schooling, bible study, cooking, cleaning and laundry.
But we had our first snow-day last week on Wednesday that turned out to be such an amazing blessing to me.  All of us were home.  Steve worked from home and A's college classes were all canceled - so we were home together.
The younger kids worked for a while and then I released them to play with their big brother in the snow.  They all had so much fun!  The built a giant snowman in the yard and named him "Big Joe".  The three of them labored for a long while and though he didn't last long (it rained overnight after the snow), I did capture a photo.  If you were level with him - he was taller than our fence.  This photo was taken from up on the porch near the house.

While the kids were busy in the yard, I was busy sewing.  I had some, - okay, I have LOTS - of Christmas fabric in my stash.  So on a whim I decided to whip up some Christmas curtains for the dining room windows.  They are not fancy, but I think they are fun.

I've also managed to finish a quickie Christmas quilt that I started after Thanksgiving.  I had purchased a package of 30 different squares from Keepsake Quilting and just sashed them with a  lovely snowflake fabric.  It is backed in a soft red/green plaid fleece that makes it just right for snuggling on the couch with a book.  J is making good use of it so far.

 
We even managed to get the tree all decorated and are now ready to celebrate the birth of our Savior next week with family and friends. Now if I could just manage to get the Christmas cards mailed out this week....


No comments:

Post a Comment