The Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth...
1. One of the most basic teachings of Christianity is that God is the creator of all things.
2. The basic doctrine of creation is a fundamental starting point. This means that if God is the creator and we are His creatures, we owe Him all that honor, obedience, and most importantly worship that is due to Him as the Almighty Creator.
3. The phrase "maker of heaven and earth" originates in Psalms and is one of my favorite comforts. Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
4. In the Psalms, we find the context that links redemption and salvation and results in the natural expression of praise to God as creator. I would personally be stunned if someone could look on the beauty and power of creation and NOT be moved to praise God for the awesomeness of creation. His artistry is without equal.
5. Man is created as an expression of God's love. All creation is a gift of love to us from God. He didn't need creation - but we do. It is an expression of kindness to humans.
6. All things have their origin in the creation of the world by God, which provides a foundational way of thinking about the world and our place in it. If we attempt to redefine reality away from its creator's design, we pay a dear price for the confusion and chaos we create for ourselves.
7. Our worldview depends - demands - correspondence to the divine reality of creation. Our place in the world and how we view the divine pecking order and relationship in all of creation come from acknowledging the Almighty Creator and our relationship to Him.
8. When Adam named all the animals in creation, he was defining the divine significance according to God's creation. Putting things in their proper order for God's purposes for creation. This is still required today. Things must be called what they are according to God's structure. Denials of creation order by legislators, educators, medical experts, scientists and everyday people - subject our world to moral and social chaos. Evolution, homosexuality, abortion - all are examples of such a decline and chaos.
9. Scripture demands that we recognize God as creator. Consider the obvious in Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and then consider Colossians 1:16-17 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Romans 1:19-20 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.