January 30, 2010

Chapter 4 Access to the Father

Continuing
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty...
1. A fundamental plank in the theology that came from Nicea can be stated as, "God can't be known unless He makes Himself known."
2. Christ Jesus is the focus of the Bible and also of all of history.
3. The coming of Jesus is the 'fullness of time' (Eph. 1:10, Gal. 4:4)
4. The gods of the classical world were nothing more than exaggerated humans associated with the impersonal forces of fate.
5. Mythology is the projection of human thoughts and ideals onto divinity. Theology comes from the Greek words theos (God) and logos (word). It originates with God, not man.
6. Our confession of faith comes from God, it originates in heaven not from ourselves. We can only confess what God has revealed to us.
7. If we seek to know God as He is, His true self as revealed to us by Jesus and His word, we will come to learn the way to attain all true knowledge (scientific method).
8. The true God of history is personal, all-loving and all-caring.  He loves us so much that He sent Jesus (His Son) to die for us.  We come to God as our Father.  He is not impersonal - He is warm, inviting and approachable through Christ.
9. We have access to God through Christ alone, this is not optional.  Jesus is the only way.
10. Verses:
John 14:6  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No on ecomes to the Father except through me."
John 14: 9a-10  "...anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. ... Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?"
John 14:20-21  "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."


No comments:

Post a Comment