April 15, 2010

I love the Psalms

This passage is part of a bigger study over at Pleasing To You... she's doing a great job!

I love the book of Psalms... it is big, it has so much for everyone and so much of it is so beautiful.  This passage really spoke to my heart this morning as I am trying to get back on an even stride in my daily life after being away.

Psalm 119:33-40 (NIV)
33  Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees;
       then I will keep them to the end.
 34 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
       and obey it with all my heart.
 35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
       for there I find delight.
 36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
       and not toward selfish gain.
 37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
       preserve my life according to your word. 
 38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
       so that you may be feared.
 39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
       for your laws are good.
 40 How I long for your precepts!
       Preserve my life in your righteousness.

Photo Credit: My amazing husband

No comments:

Post a Comment