August 27, 2010

A very good start

We have finished our first full week of school here and it was a very good beginning.  Both J & B have worked very diligently and accomplished everything I had planned for them - all with good attitudes and without working till late in the day. 
J actually told me on Thursday that she loves all her curriculum this year and thanked me for choosing so well for her.  Now I know those feelings may change as the year progresses - but for now... I'll take it ... with much thanks to God for His mercies and blessings.
I've even managed to get in some sewing this week (3 pairs of pjs and a small flannel baby quilt) and kept up with laundry, most of the housework, baked some bread and mostly followed my meal plans.  All in all it was a wonderful week. 
Steve surprised me and took the day off today. He came to J's last horse riding lesson of the summer and got to see some of what she's learned this year.  We topped it off by an afternoon outing to our favorite ice cream spot in town - all 5 of us!
Now I have 2 loaves of bread rising on the stove and will start on some home-made pizza dough in a bit for dinner.  This weekend has nothing planned but being home together.  I love my life. :-)
Blessings on the journey ~

No comments:

Post a Comment