1. Two other valid translations of the Greek "we believe" are "we trust" or "we have faith".
2. No one can truly separate what you live from what you believe. Doctrine is what you say you believe, but it is displayed in how you live.
3. Our words and our actions are completely connected. They either match up to prove us upright - or they prove us a liar and a fake.
4. If we have faith, we must follow God and to follow is to live by His laws of righteousness. Godly living comes from faith. Faith is not based on human reason or emotion, faith is grounded in God himself.
5. In confessing our belief in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, we are offering praise & worship. This is a practical tool for liturgy and because it is so basic, it serves the whole Christian world. This is grounded in scripture, not in humanity.
6. The creed states simply the gospel completely. It is a complete outline of God's gift of grace through Christ.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
2 Peter 1:1-2
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.