November 4, 2010

Something fun

Yesterday over at The Frugal Girl it was the regular Wednesday baking post and it looked like such fun that I had to try it out today.
So I made up a batch of white bread dough in my bread machine while also making up a batch of King Arthur's Whole Wheat bread recipe with my big Kitchen-Aid mixer.
I let them rise and then with the input from J, made up the two loaves and set them to rise & bake while she whipped up a batch of one-bowl brownies for us all to enjoy.
My kitchen smelled wonderful all afternoon!
This was the result of my efforts - and it met with hearty approval from both B & J as well as our neighbor's 5-year-old son that was here for the afternoon.  Warm bread with butter makes a lovely snack on a rainy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment